Monday, December 19, 2011

The dreaded INR...

We all know what a struggle it is to get your INR just right and keeping it there.  Todd's was up and down during his hospital stay, they gave him the injections to where it bruised up his stomach, I hate that!! Well, they finally got it between 2-3 before they sent him home. It varied a little and they have been adjusting his warfarin medication.  It got down to 1.74 and they were talking about the injections again, but this time I would have to do them at home....ughhh....I was not looking forward to that duty!!  Luckily it went back up to 2.2 with this last blood draw.....whew!!!  Now we will be getting our home INR machine tomorrow, saving us the trip twice a week to the lab...YAY!!!  The things that we get excited for now sure have changed!!!

One of the great parts of our day was that we had some of our family members go down to UM to get their LVAD training!!!  I have been his only caregiver since he has been home, not that I mind at all, but this will give us both a little more freedom to come and go.  I was thrilled to be able to go do a little Christmas shopping with my sister while Todd happily stayed home watching Monday Night Football with our brother in law!!! I think I will hit our son up for tomorrow...just kiddin'!!!

Cardiologist appointment in the morning....looking forward to meeting her and finding out when Todd can get on the transplant list!!  That's all for now!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment