Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

WELCOME 2012!  I am looking forward to a New Year!  We had a busy 2011 with lots of changes to go along with it! 
My Mom started her battle with colon cancer and her trips to the chemo clinic were an eye opener for me.  If you ever even think you are having a bad day you will quickly change your mind when you go up and sit in the clinic for 5 or 6 hours and see what others are struggling with on a daily basis. My Mom...she is fighting this with humor and dignity.
We added another member to our family in February when our daughter Ali was married to Brandon!!  Happy times!!

We had a great summer with our 35th class reunion taking up a large part of our time planning and getting re-acquainted with old friends.  Todd was in a kayak race, in which he proudly took 3rd place, something that he had been wanting to try for a long time...Way to go Todd!! 

I am beginning to think this is staring to sound like one of those Christmas letters and I don't like those so I will get to the point!!  I am looking forward to Todd's health continuing to improve and hopefully getting a new heart,  We are also expecting a new Grand daughter from our daughter, Ali, in May and are thrilled to welcome a new baby into the the family. Our son, David, is changing jobs and wish him continued success in his career. Our son, Zachary, is opening a new barbershop and feel he will be successful in his endeavor. I wish my Mom peace and comfort, her goal is to see Ali's new baby and Todd get his new heart, I hope that comes true for her.  As for me, I am hoping to continue to adjust to the changes in our life and stay strong for our family, to be a better wife, caregiver, Mother and Grandmother.  Good things to come in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment